Friday, August 24, 2018

Intro

So.
"Losing Me."

Yes, this is a blog about weight loss, but probably not in the way you would expect. I'm not going to glorify diets or recommend exercise plans. I'm not going to talk about how much healthier or happier you will be if you conform to a socially acceptable size and shape. I'm not going to tell you how much more wonderful I feel after losing the equivalent of a 6th grade girl.

I don't feel wonderful.

Sometimes...


This will probably seem strange and completely foreign to a lot of people.
I get that.
I am sure that people will make lots of assumptions and lots of judgments.
I get that too.
Hell, I've lived with those assumptions and judgments for most of my life. I'm used to it.



Over the next however many posts, spread out through however many weeks/months/years it takes, I want to put into words my experience with fatness, disordered eating, the diet industry, the healthcare industry and the truly screwed up way our society grants (or removes) value based on the size and shape of a person's body.

This is not ok.
You are more important than any number on a scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment